Careers at Oakam
Oakam is a rapidly expanding high street retailer providing straightforward and simple financial services for people who find it difficult to borrow from the banks. We offer responsible access to credit and are dedicated to serving our customers respectfully and in their language. We look at each person individually, their circumstances and needs on a face to face basis, before we make a decision on how much we can lend.
We currently have 22 stores across London and the Midlands and a telephone based virtual store which serves the entire UK. Our 260+ staff speak more than 20+ languages, and even more dialects.
With ambitious, national growth plans for 2015, and beyond, we are constantly growing Oakam's team and retail network along with our presence on the UK's high streets. We are strongly committed to serving our local communities.
We need first class individuals with the appropriate skills to meet our business needs as well as individuals with an entrepreneurial approach, who are passionate about people. At Oakam we pride ourselves in helping our employees to developing skills, moving up through the company and empower them to perform at their very best. If you are a specialist in your particular area and want to share that experience with us or if you are starting out in your career and want to join a fun, dynamic organisation where you will be given lots of opportunities to learn, then Oakam is the place for you.
Operating and adhering to Oakam's core values and beliefs:
Dedicated - Respectful - United - Passionate - Creative
London based Opportunities
Full Time Bilingual Store Advisor – London (various locations) – Continuous Recruitment
Are you an effective team player, looking for an exciting and rewarding career in a rapidly growing company? Are you passionate about providing excellent customer service, and passionate about working within a united and highly driven team?
If you’ve answered "Yes", we have an excellent opportunity for you as a Store Advisor in one of our London stores.
Oakam prides itself on offering responsible access to affordable credit; working with customers to identify loan solutions to meets their needs and to match their budgets.
As one of our Store Advisors your primary responsibility would be to ensure you greet all potential and existing customers in store. You would collate all of the customer’s information, ensuring operational compliance, financial compliance, developing and maintaining the customer base, and ensuring excellent customer service.
For each loan application, you would be requested to verify the customer by contacting personal references provided and asking a range of questions. After underwriting the loan, you must be able to demonstrate excellent after sales service and ensure all queries are answered in an accurate and timely manner. You would also be responsible for taking customer payments, carrying out a range of telesales calls and local marketing to our very high customer experience standards.
This is a very target driven and results oriented position with a focus on customer service and you must be able to demonstrate the enthusiasm and desire to achieve set targets. Working for Oakam you will be part of a strong, supportive team who all wish to succeed.
You must be able to demonstrate that you can:
- Maximise new customer opportunities generated by communicating, motivating and developing yourself to achieve Company objectives and Key Performance Indicators.
- Develop the reputation and brand of Oakam by consistently delivering excellent customer service.
- Prioritise and organise tasks effectively, ensuring flexibility to meet the day to day demands of the business.
You must be able to demonstrate the enthusiasm and desire to achieve and exceed set targets. If you are an experienced store advisor with boundless energy, initiative and a desire to succeed, Oakam is the place for you.
To apply please email: email@example.com
Retail Store Managers - London
- Oakam provides straightforward and simple financial services for people who might find it difficult to borrow from banks. We offer responsible access to affordable credit and are dedicated to serving our customers respectfully. That is why we look at each person individually! We listen and discuss their circumstances and needs face-to-face before we make a decision on how much we can lend. There is no "computer says no!"
- Oakam is a rapidly expanding company with stores currently across London, the Midlands and a telephone based Virtual Store which serves the entire UK. Working with Oakam is not just about having a great job but about developing a great career.
- As a store manager with Oakam you'll be accountable for running your own store and growing your business that is expanding fast. You will have the freedom and flexibility to lead your team, build and develop your business whilst nurturing and developing your store team.
- Leading by example and from the front is key – you'll be passionate about customer service and building sustainable relationships, have a keen eye for detail and fanatical about driving your store forwards.
What we're looking for:
- We're looking for an experienced manager, ideally from a retail or hospitality background that is comfortable at hitting and exceeding targets
- Proven experience at motivating and developing a team to achieving higher standards
- Being commercially astute, you'll know what steps to take to further develop your store appeal and profitability. You will be confident in making decisions and should not be risk adverse
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Subsidised private healthcare
- 28 days paid leave per year
To apply please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Centre Advisors, Collections and Telesales - Continuous recruitment
We are looking for individuals with call centre, collections or customer centric role backgrounds to join us on the next stage of our ambitious growth plan. Ideally candidates will also have some exposure within of a target and sales driven environment within a call centre, and will have the commitment and passion to work for an expanding organisation. Excellent communication skills are required, with a desire and passion to learn new and develop your existing skills. All candidates must have a good level of English; candidates with knowledge of Polish, Lithuanian, Czech, Slovakian, Hungarian, Romanian, Bulgarian, French and Portuguese, are desirable. All of these roles are based in our East Croydon Contact Centre a 5 minute walk from East Croydon train station.
To apply please email: email@example.com
For more information about any of these roles, including full personal specifications and jobs descriptions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203-058-0289.