Careers at Oakam
Oakam is a rapidly expanding high street retailer providing straightforward and simple financial services for people who might find it difficult to borrow from the banks. We offer responsible access to affordable credit and are dedicated to serving our customers respectfully and in their language. We look at each person individually, their circumstances and needs on a face to face basis, before we make a decision on how much we can lend.
We currently have 22 stores across London and the Midlands and a telephone based virtual store which serves the entire UK. Our 290 staff speak more than 27 languages, and even more dialects.
With ambitious, national growth plans for 2014, and beyond, we are constantly growing Oakam's team and retail network along with our presence on the UK's high streets. We are strongly committed to serving our local communities.
We need first class individuals with the appropriate skills to meet our business needs as well as individuals with an entrepreneurial approach, who are passionate about people. At Oakam we pride ourselves in helping our employees to developing skills, moving up through the company and empower them to perform at their very best. If you are a specialist in your particular area and want to share that experience with us or if you are starting out in your career and want to join a fun, dynamic organisation where you will be given lots of opportunities to learn, then Oakam is the place for you.
Operating and adhering to Oakam's core values and beliefs:
Dedicated - Respectful - United - Passionate - Creative
London based Opportunities
Financial Product Manager – Closing date 30th April 2014.
In line with our accelerated growth plans we are now looking for a Financial Product Manager. This newly created role reporting to the IT Director.
- Ownership of the loan products offered by Oakam, both existing and prospective.
- Strengthen Oakams products set whilst ensuring our USP of transparency, responsibility and access to lending.
- Responsible for taking products/initiatives through the Product Development lifecycle ensuring the appropriate governance approvals are obtained.
- Undertake post implementation reviews following completion of projects, and reporting any significant issues that are raised to the business for resolution.
- Ensure that the product features are fulfilled correctly through accurate systems and rigorous processes and controls.
- Responsible for the compliance needs of the business to ensure the product; policies, procedures meet regulatory standards and scrutiny.
- Documentation of product offerings including, but not limited to, bonus rewards, pricing levels, payment frequencies, payment methods, redemptions, further advances.
- Working alongside Learning and Development to create and deliver suitable product training to ensure a strong knowledge of Oakams products and features.
- Engaging the relevant parties to ensure all customer communication is current and reflects the relevant customer lifecycle.
- Liaising with 3rd parties as appropriate to get compliance advice and implement a compliance framework that meets current and future needs.
To be considered for this role you will need a minimum of 4 years proven track record as a Product Manager within Financial Services. You must have significant experience in dealing with lending systems for loan servicing, including upgrades, Integration and design. You will be comfortable with financial modelling and product economics, and your background is likely to include experience with lending systems like i-Flex or Target.
You must have demonstrable evidence of analysing and documenting product features including pricing. You will have experience in translating compliance, accounting and other propositions into clear written specification documents. Ideally you will have experience of compliance in financial services and have worked in a business governed by the FCA, and be comfortable working alongside regulatory departments.
We are looking for that individual who is used to working in a collaborative manner, yet is organised and has the ability to multi task and handle complexity. You are a person who can be creative but can implement detailed and delivery focused solutions.
Store Advisors - across London – Continuous recruitment no end date
We are looking for store advisors for our retail stores based across London. We look for individuals who have a passion for retail, and have a minimum of 6 months retail or customer service based face to face experience. We want candidates with the right attitude and willingness to learn, who have a desire to build a career with us supported by a structured training plan. Knowledge and fluency in a second language will be highly advantageous in particular Polish Lithuanian, Czech, Slovakian, Hungarian, Romanian, Portuguese, Yoruba, Twi, Linguala, Hindi, Bengali and Punjabi are desirable
Call Centre Advisors, Collections and Telesales - Continuous recruitment
We are looking for individuals with call centre, collections or customer centric role backgrounds to join us on the next stage of our ambitious growth plan. Ideally candidates will also have some exposure within of a target and sales driven environment within a call centre, and will have the commitment and passion to work for an expanding organisation. Excellent communication skills are required, with a desire and passion to learn new and develop your existing skills. All candidates must have a good level of English; candidates with knowledge of Polish, Lithuanian, Czech, Slovakian, Hungarian, Romanian, Bulgarian, French and Portuguese, are desirable. All of these roles are based in our East Croydon Contact Centre a 5 minute walk from East Croydon train station.
To apply please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about any of these roles, including full personal specifications and jobs descriptions please email email@example.com or call 0203-058-0289.